jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the names of your cats and how did you decide on these names?

1. ethel smith profile image80
    ethel smithposted 7 years ago

What are the names of your cats and how did you decide on these names?

2. lifeisabeach profile image60
    lifeisabeachposted 7 years ago

The name of my cat is Pussy. I chose it because she responds to it. The ssss-sound is well received in a cat's ears.

I also like the duality of the word.

3. JillKostow profile image87
    JillKostowposted 7 years ago

My cat's name is Misfit.  He was a stray and the name suits him!!

4. hggrff profile image55
    hggrffposted 7 years ago

my persian cats name is poke-a-nose because it looks like someone poked his nose...i love him very much...

5. Marisa OConnor profile image64
    Marisa OConnorposted 7 years ago

I named one cat Cat and the other Miss Kitty Fantastico.  I liked the first one because it's accurate and the second because I heard it on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

6. rnbguru profile image35
    rnbguruposted 7 years ago

My cat's name is Lilith. I was interested in the mythology around the character, and it can be shortened to Lily for quick references. Not to mention my cat was all white so the idea of a Lily worked well.

7. Virgogirl profile image56
    Virgogirlposted 7 years ago

My cats are named Chablis, Charonnay, Bailey and Brandy.  If it looks like a theme is going here, you're right!  It started many years ago when we got our first cat and didn't want to name him a common name such as "Fluffy" or Snowball".  We looked around the room to come up with ideas.  We had just gotten back from our honeymoon in Cancun and there was a small complimentary bottle of Tequila on the table from our trip. And so it began, our first cat (RIP) was named Tequila.  Following with Kahlua (RIP) and the four mentioned above.  They all bring such joy in my life, and wouldn't know what to do without them.  They are cats from a shelter, strays or from people who needed to give them to good homes.  This is something I feel strongly about because there are so many animals in those situations and need good homes.  Looking forward to my journey on Hubpages!!!

working