What are the funniest actual names you have ever heard?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 60 discussions (60 posts)
  1. mikicagle profile image81
    mikicagleposted 12 years ago

What are the funniest actual names you have ever heard?

What are some truly awfully funny names you have ever heard. One of my favorites is Young Boozer. The only rule for answering this question is the name has to belong to a real person, no made up names please!

2. J.S.Matthew profile image80
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure if animals count in this question, but I have 2 cats, both named by my children. Their names? "Soda Pop" and "Geeko". 

I call Geeko "Fattass" because he is huge and loves attention. I wrote a Hub about them recently. Here's is the link if you are interested: http://hubpages.com/hub/I-Love-My-Cats

As far as Human names, I have met a lot of people with names that represent months. Not that it's weird or funny, but I went to grade school with a girl named "January". I have met woman with names such as April and May, have never met a February, but I have seen the names June, July, and August. 

Many of these names may be variations of other names. Augusto, Julie, etc. I think it's kind of cool!

JSMatthew~

3. zob2zob profile image72
    zob2zobposted 12 years ago

I THINK IT WOULD HAVE TO BE MARY CHRISTMAS, AND HOLLY BERRY, GOING THROUGH SCHOOL WITH EITHER OF THESE WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD FOR ANY KID!!!

4. Dexter Yarbrough profile image71
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 12 years ago

Ok. I am serious. I knew a guy once named Harry Koloen and whenever the teacher would call his name, the kids would snicker (hairy colon).

I also knew a guy named Richard Wahd. His nickname was Dick. Well, I guess you can imagine when the teachers called his name!

5. justom profile image57
    justomposted 12 years ago

There are a bunch but the first few that always come to mind are (and yes they are real) Ark Noah, Lincoln Abraham and a really funny one Dick Bieting (and that one just ain't right :-P)

6. mommyneal6 profile image71
    mommyneal6posted 12 years ago

I would say the best name I have heard was darkteshia.

7. Melanie Trausch profile image61
    Melanie Trauschposted 12 years ago

When my husband was a children's talent scout he met this kid named D'Finest Driver...no lie. I will NEVER forget that one.

8. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

My husband met a person years ago whose name was Sophetta.   For me it is Pierpont.

9. Spindle profile image60
    Spindleposted 12 years ago

Clitori Princess...... I need say no more do I?! She was a girl at my daughters school!

10. nancyme profile image61
    nancymeposted 12 years ago

Hah. I once met a guy called Curfew. and that was the most hilarious name i have ever come across.

11. profile image50
    ukulele_heroposted 12 years ago

Well, in my humble opinion nothing matches Mike Litoris!

12. kat11 profile image60
    kat11posted 12 years ago

My favorite was a guy I met when I was 19 and  his name was Bubba

13. SingSong profile image59
    SingSongposted 12 years ago

I used to teach in a public school classroom. One year there was a kid on campus whose name was Cactus Jack Daniels. Then I was talking about it church and laughing about it (yes, not very Christ-like, I know) and this kid in the youth group heard me and said, "hey, he's my cousin." Boy, insert foot into mouth, huh? There was also a kid named Seven one year and I really wanted to know if his parents had watched that Seinfeld episode.

14. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 12 years ago

I'm friends with a guy in North Carolina named Duncan Hines. That is really his name! lol...he's not as delicious as he sounds.

15. RachaelLefler profile image91
    RachaelLeflerposted 12 years ago

I know a Jerusha, a Xioka, and an Alizabeth. Yes. Spelled with an A instead of an E. I don't even know what normal is, nor do I care to.

16. workingmomwm profile image81
    workingmomwmposted 12 years ago

I work with a guy whose name is Brown Carr. I don't know if he drives a brown car, but it would be hilarious if he did!

17. ThelmaC profile image93
    ThelmaCposted 12 years ago

Kat11 we meet people named Bubba all the time here in Georgia!

18. BKAONE profile image71
    BKAONEposted 12 years ago

I work in a hotel that handles large meetings for companies.  They usually put out name plates for those participating.  I like to look for funny names.  The other day there was a Jack Stack.  And Johnnie Carson..who was an economic ambassador from Nairobi.

19. buddhkist profile image60
    buddhkistposted 12 years ago

Joey Joe-Joe. The bass player in my very first band was named Joey Joe-Joe. That was his actual given name. I never found out his last name but when he turned 18 he legally changed his name to Joseph Ash. Most people still call him JJ.

20. JimmieWriter profile image87
    JimmieWriterposted 12 years ago

I taught an 8th grade student named Trivia. The worst part was that the word trivia -- unimportant information -- was one of the eighth grade vocabulary words. The poor girl. She had no idea until that lesson just how bad her name was.

21. Larry Fields profile image68
    Larry Fieldsposted 12 years ago

Many years ago, I met a young woman, named September Thorne. Although it's a beautiful name, it is unusual.

I also worked with a guy, named Dusty Rhodes. I kid you not.

22. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 12 years ago

Seymore Butts-
    My husbands Niece is in the Australian Naval Academy her husband changed his name to Seymore Butts (before she met him) . He is actually a really nice guy, I guess he thinks its funny.

23. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I used to have a work contact in Singapore called Siu Khing Khok. (You have to say it very fast in case you don't get it- apologies if my answer has offended anyone)

24. everything review profile image60
    everything reviewposted 12 years ago

Well at church here was a little girl that the priest called porker. So… ya pretty strange.

25. zayadjaffar profile image60
    zayadjaffarposted 12 years ago

Hey i knew a guy named TORA BORA...
    TORA BORA means black mountain... Funny big_smile

26. Artist-For-Hire profile image68
    Artist-For-Hireposted 12 years ago

Gee I don't know if this is funny....
    But it's definitely worth a mention!!
    We live in Australia and there are hundreds of surrounding land masses collectively called the Pacific Islands. Like any small nation, the people look up to larger countries - money, music, movies...it's all influenced by America and Australia etc.

One day we got word from a pair of friends who had spent time on one of these smaller Islands, they were telling us about this lovely couple they had met and their two daughters. They wanted to give their girls American names and after much consideration decided to go with the names Gonorrhea and Syphilus. No, they didn't have the heart to tell them that they had named their daughters after STDs!

Another pair of names I heard on the radio - twin boys, American.
    I can't think of how to write this so it will read as funny as it sounds. The names are pronounced with a French accent Lem-onge-ello and Or-onge-ello. However, they spell their names Orangejello and Lemonjello. Those must have been some hard core drugs they gave that mother as she brought them into the world! Makes you wonder if she lost a bet!

27. Bretsuki profile image67
    Bretsukiposted 12 years ago

I used to know someone named Richard Fish. He insisted on being called "Dicky" So "Dicky " Fish it was. smile

For those in need of explanation, "Dicky" is slang for food that is going bad and smelly.

28. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

I had to mail samples of J&J baby lotion to Drs all over the U.S. It was in the performance of this duty that I came acrosss the name of an Oriental pediatrician in Cali. Suk Duk Dong. I hope the pronunciation is different than it looks. Poor guy!

29. profile image50
    deacharliebrownposted 12 years ago

back in my previous job there was a colleague whose name was Sue Willoughby Ankers.
    When there was mail for her, it would show up as
    Sue W.Ankers

I try my best not to laugh
    but always fail.
    Sorry Sue

30. cubesz profile image61
    cubeszposted 12 years ago

I had this teacher once, who's name was Ms. Sandy Dick. A lot of the kids who pronounce it Meh sandy dick.

31. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 12 years ago

I think it might be designed into the formula to push you on a timeline rather than letting a hub linger . I have hubs that drop below 50 and down into the low 40's mainly because there is no activity on them. Some of those at times have been at the top of the charts. One thing for sure is that the opinion of the reader has very little effect in the movement of the score...another fallacy in this being a "writer's site". WB

32. TamCor profile image77
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

Growing up in a very small town(500 people), it was funny that there were two men in our town named Harry Barry and Charlie Brown...oh, and we had the Butt family, too--the father was a minister at one of our churches...smile

33. laddriggers profile image64
    laddriggersposted 12 years ago

No one will believe me, but a guy I graduated with was actually named Bang D. Ho.  I honestly thought it was a joke myself.

I have also met 2 brothers both named Kenneth.  Why?  Who knows.  They were a year apart, but they were both Kenneth.

34. Premium Websites profile image69
    Premium Websitesposted 12 years ago

Iwanna

When i worked as a bank teller (in another life) there was a customer named Iwanna - we had great fun adding last names.

35. pavslastring profile image59
    pavslastringposted 12 years ago

Ponyboy Curis...... smile or Soda Pop Curtis smile)

36. Robot kid profile image59
    Robot kidposted 12 years ago

i work with a fellow named jack frost but his position in the company is to high for anyone to call him frosty to his face ;D

37. aurorastone profile image63
    aurorastoneposted 12 years ago

I was in Taiwan and this girl who served me at a McDonalds was named Creamy.

38. sunchild28 profile image57
    sunchild28posted 12 years ago

the funniest name i have heard is makaweezy.

39. yesmaam1508 profile image60
    yesmaam1508posted 12 years ago

Jack Gough.  The last name sounds like "Goff."  smile

40. profile image0
    lambservantposted 12 years ago

This hub is hilarious. It seems people nowadays feel the neccesity to name their kids names that are made up. Anyway, I had a great great uncle named Hercumer. He was married to Crazy Maud whose brain was shot by alcoholism. They were an intersting couple to say the least. Thanks creating a topic that brightened my day.

41. loneparentgiggles profile image60
    loneparentgigglesposted 12 years ago

I went to a school where we called our teachers by their first names... one of my teachers was called lona... She must have gone through hell as a kid, and I remember when she told my class her name there was definately a ripple of derisive laughter, though me as a goody two shoes I actually pitied her the second it came out of her mouth.

42. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

When I was working in retail I remember a customer who was complaining about a return item. He was from some country in Asia, not sure where, and his name was spelled Micok.

43. hazelbrown profile image81
    hazelbrownposted 12 years ago

I saw a name on a file at work years ago:  Wensley Wigginsfagen.  Poor kid!  I also saw a Noah van Ark in the directory.  Lol!

44. ratikagaur profile image61
    ratikagaurposted 12 years ago

kalle khan, katori devi, sharbati devi, sherry etc...

i mean it may seem as if i am bluffing....but seriously it was hard to believe for me too when i first heard 'em!!!

45. lejonkung profile image64
    lejonkungposted 12 years ago

Andy smouth, get it?

The guy said his name and i was like, ahum, did you really say andys mouth!

46. mydniterose profile image61
    mydniteroseposted 12 years ago

A friend of mine named her daughter Dolina Bernadine. I still don't understand how you can look at an innocent child and name them Dolina Bernadine!

47. jwhitman profile image72
    jwhitmanposted 12 years ago

LaDasha...but it was spelled La-A.  Yes, the "dash" part of her name was actually a dash and not spelled out.
    I also have heard Heaven Leigh Skies (that is just setting the kid up to dance on the pole), Sirr and Misterr..they were twins, and finally, Turquoise Bleu.

48. Meg Ingram profile image60
    Meg Ingramposted 12 years ago

my sisters friend named her kid Dorkus. no lie i have no clue why but i feel sorry for that kid

49. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I used to work in an archive, where all the last wills and testaments for every person in England and Wales were stored.  According to law, 50 years after the person died, some of the documents relating to that person's estate had to be destroyed.  This was my job, where I encountered some very amusing names.

One was a woman who had been called Fanny Grewcock, another was a man with the surname of Pinecoffin, another was called Dick Head, and another was Davy Crockett Gaycomings.  There were plenty others, which I cannot remember now.

50. jacqui2011 profile image80
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

I had a friend at school who's mother was called Euphemia. It sounds like an unpleasant disease to me!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)