jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you consider it mad to give a running commentry of your daily actions to your

1. keepitnatural profile image70
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Do you consider it mad to give a running commentry of your daily actions to your dog? I see this...

as quite normal behaviour as your dog is your living companion. I even sing to her & feel sure she appreciates this, even if humans would not. I also whine, bark & growl to give her a better understanding of situations that crop up. I am sick of being told this is insane behaviour, not many people witness it because it is between me & her, but if I tell someone about it they seem to think it is abnormal. Surely this is not the case, these people just don't have a strong bond with their animals, right?

2. Ari Lamstein profile image80
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

I don't think that it's crazy behavior!  I don't have a dog myself, but this sounds cute and it also sounds therapeutic.  Although, I have to say that I recommend that you don't do this too much in public!

3. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Are you kidding? You're not crazy at all! Or at least, if you're crazy then I'm crazy too. I talk to my dog all the time. I have conversations with her, and she cocks her head and gives me dog looks. She watches movies with me and I critique them to her. lol.
    Not sure what I'd do without her.

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Anyone who says it's crazy just hasn't ever had a dog tongue. I also talk to my dog all the time, and occasionally my fish too...seems to make a lot more sense than just talking to myself! She really likes the attention too, it gives her a type of contact with me when I'm too busy to give her physical attention. I even read my articles out loud to her when I'm trying to decide if they sound right.

5. Jarn profile image71
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

It's in fact better to give a running commentary to your dog than to a spouse or friend. For one, the dog will enjoy the interaction. For another, your friends and/or spouse would be bored to death if you gave them the running commentary instead. So you're killing two birds with one stone here.

6. Jamie Brock profile image93
    Jamie Brockposted 7 years ago

I think its good to talk to your pets... pets are sometimes peoples closest companions. I think they know what we you are sayin or at least get the "feel" of it anyway :0)   Pets are awesome.. wish I could have one:0(

working