jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hi, I have and work with rescue dogs. And I was always curious to know if people

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

I have and work with rescue dogs. And I was always curious to know if people who love...

reptiles such as snakes have 'rescue centres', 'rescue people' for the animals that have not been looked after by their owners/stolen etc., like dogs have? I know this must sound so dumb to you folks in the know, but I am genuinely interested as there is so much abuse of animals of all kinds in our present day, that I often wondered about less common pets such as snakes and other reptiles. Many thanks.

2. We Save Cats profile image61
    We Save Catsposted 7 years ago

Hi Seeker
         I don't know of any for sure, but i would bet money that there are rescue people for all manner of critter.  You can contact the national animal advocate groups: Best Friends, In Defense of Animals, and PETA; to find out more.  Give your dogs a kiss for me.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi Al,

Lovely to hear from you! Thanks for your answer and as requested have given all the dogs a hug and kiss!!! Many thanks.

4. ashleysearching92 profile image59
    ashleysearching92posted 7 years ago

Hi Seeker7,
       I found a few numbers for you of reptile rescues.You should go to ReptileRescueLeagure.org.They have a whole directory of numbers and places for reptiles.Most states do not have rescue centers for reptiles though.Hope this helps.

5. Nettlemere profile image93
    Nettlemereposted 5 years ago

I know this is quite an old question, but thought you might be interested none the less. One of the best known reptile rescue centres in the UK is Proteus reptile rescue at www.proteusreptiletrust.org. Many RSPCA centres will take in unwanted or stray reptiles. The college where I worked obtained several snakes from the RSPCA and I had one of my terrapins, who was picked up as a stray/abandoned, from the RSPCA.