jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much is too much to spend on veterinary care for an ill or injured pet?

1. sarasca profile image73
    sarascaposted 7 years ago

How much is too much to spend on veterinary care for an ill or injured pet?

If your pet was sick or hurt, do you have a maximum amount you would spend on care for the animal?  Would you seek care at all or just leave it to die in the yard, or turn it loose to fend for itself?

2. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

for me nothing is too much! I love my pets like children.

3. lisasuniquevoice profile image74
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

sarasca,

My cat broke his leg when he was just four months old. It's cost hundreds of dollars before he had his final cast off. We love him though, and couldn't stand the of thought of doing anything but help him.
    Lisa

4. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

Vets are ripping us off left and right.  While we paid over $3,000.00 for Vet bills when out dog had to have his eye surgery I think it totally ridiculous the prices they charge for medication.  There was a medication that I had to get for my dog and it was for his eye.  The Vet charged over $40.00 for the small tube.  I found it on-line, no prescript needed, for about $12.00.  The charges they charge for an office visit is crazy.  We pay $65.00, just for the office visit!  I would never leave an animal to fend for itself--that is animal cruelty.  I would never leave it die in the yard either for the same reason. We do need to have a voice though and tell the Vets we know what they are doing and we need to be more diligent in finding if we can get the drugs for cheaper prices.

working