jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How much time do you usually spend researching on a topic of which you are going

1. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

How much time do you usually spend researching on a topic of which you are going to write a hub?

I can't imagine writing more than 2-3 hubs per day if you are really trying to create quality content.
    Still, there are some fellow hubbers who produce much more than that - and I don't understand this.
    How much time do they, or basically anyone usually spend on researching a topic before writing a hub?

2. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago

For me it depends a lot on how much I already know about the topic.  For some of my topics that I am extremely familiar with, I may only spend 10-20 minutes looking up some additional information. 

If is is a topic that I don't know about, or am researching for another reason and decide to write about, I may spend hours. 

I have noticed that some Hubbers will take a certain topic, research it thoroughly, then write multiple Hubs about different aspects of that topic.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

It depends if it's a situation in my life that I have experienced, Therefore all of the information is ready to write. If it is a topic that needs to be studied? It can take up to a day.

4. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I do my best not to write about things that require long amounts of research. 2 reasons. One is that I have 3 children and limited time and two is tht I think it's best for people to stick to subjects they have knowledge about already. If it requires more than 30 minutes of research I must not know enough about it to make it my opinion of quality in a decent amount of time.

5. profile image0
    minababeposted 5 years ago

I spend between a half hour to several hours researching a topic, even for the subjects I'm intimately familiar with.

6. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

much depends on the type of hub - i can easily produce 3 hubs in a coupla hours for recipes - especially if i already have the basics on file.  I did this just a coupla weeks ago to answer a question about using oranges for non-dessert recipes.  I just had to search my database of unpublished recipes.

I've got dozens of other proto-hubs waiting to be developed, so there are several topics I could write quickly

another type of hub would be travel hubs where i can break the trip into multiple segments.  here i start with my journal / notes, then select images, create a map and can write several hubs fiarly quickly

i rarely start any hub totally from scratch

7. Samkoskei profile image63
    Samkoskeiposted 5 years ago

People differs when it come to researching,some may take less than five minutes,and others take even a week.For me during my daily duties,i usually noted down when something came to my mind,then i will carry research slowly.

8. nicole-cw profile image77
    nicole-cwposted 5 years ago

I read a lot every day. Setting up Google Alerts, checking the latest infographics, reading industry-related news etc. When I see something interesting or heavily researched data, I collect the URL links. Then, I’ll sort them by topics and compile them into a long list. When I want to write a hub, I’ll just pull the related articles out. There are times when I would need to research slightly more about the topic (especially if it’s a topic I’m unfamiliar with). But the articles should be sufficient to create a decent hub.

Which means I’m actually researching every day for my future hubs big_smile