jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you care about money?

1. Adams-ebooks profile image67
    Adams-ebooksposted 6 years ago

Do you care about money?

Do you have to have a certain amount in the bank or are you a make-as-you-go/spend-what-you-have type of person?

2. kittyjj profile image72
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

I am not that crazy about money.  I am happy if I have enough money for what I need.  But I do prefer to keep some emergency fund in the bank.  Life is unpredictable.  Better be prepared.

3. mayursoni346 profile image58
    mayursoni346posted 6 years ago

One should not be crazy enough about money. I personally sometimes feels that we should save money for our future- at least for our child. The life from which we passed should not be the same for our children. Also i would like to say, that life is uncertain, live cool, enjoy every moment don't just be too much conscious about money. Personally saving should be 25-30% of our earning. Rest all - ENJOY BUDDY.

4. bruzzbuzz profile image60
    bruzzbuzzposted 6 years ago

I think society has put so much importance on money that we have to care about it. Without money, we would probably be homeless but I do not think that I care for money beyond keeping a roof over my head and food on the table.  I used to care so much about money that I would work 2 jobs to have the extra money to buy things I never really needed. Now, I am pleased with my life to be much simpler.

5. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Yes I have to say that I care about money.

I do save money regularly and think about spending it for a time before I actually buy an item. That is items I don't need rather than  food and clothes.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes. I care about money a lot. And it's one of the problems with my boyfriend. He spends money left and right on movies, electronics, and beer. So to keep everything straight. I have my paycheck and he has his. We have separate credit/debit cards and pay for our own car insurance, cell phones and split the bills. I pay rent, he pays for utilities and upkeep. I also pay for vacations.
    I keep control of every dollar I have and count every penny.

7. Casey Strouse profile image60
    Casey Strouseposted 6 years ago

I care about money only in its capacity as a tool for doing things that I enjoy and living a lifestyle that's acceptable to me.  Money in and of itself has no intrinsic value.  I spend my money as I feel fit and as it comes in from my passive income streams and freelance work that I do.  I tend to spend freely and enjoy myself with my friends as much as I can.

8. Adams-ebooks profile image67
    Adams-ebooksposted 6 years ago

I have always been a make it to spend it type of saver. i will work hard to save money for something i want (usually a trip) and blow it all on the experiences there!
    It helps and takes alot of stress away but so long as you have a roof over your head and food in your belly you will be fine smile

9. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 6 years ago

I care about money only to the extent that I have what I need to provide for my family.  I am not focused on how much money I can make to the point that it would affect my relationships with my family.  I have worked part time since I had my second child in order to be a full time mom.  This being said, my husband and I try to make sure that we have some savings for emergencies and it has come in handy before.