Does my kitty have allergies

1. profile image45
    lucityposted 7 years ago

Does my kitty have allergies

About a week or longer ago I noticed my cat scratchin(she is indoor cat) I checked her all over and could find nothing. Regaurdless, I gave her a flea bath that did not seem to help. I also have notciced that her eyes are watering now.. And where she has scratch herself it has turned into little red bumps under chin and on tail. I know you are going to tell me to ake her to vet but I am not going to be able to afford that for another two weeks.. I have changed her food from Fancy Feast to Natural Balance hoping she has a food allergie and this will do the trick...Any ideas?
    Thanks  Again

2. krisingreen profile image61
    krisingreenposted 6 years ago

HEr skin might be dry. If you can't find any fleas on her she probably don't have one. So avoid giving her any flea bath or flea powder because these are toxic enough to cause an allergic reaction.
    Just give your cat a bath when she needs it, don't clean her too much its bad for their immune system. You should also try whiskas cat food. It's richer in vitamins or friskies maybe. And from time to time mix vegies on her diet.

working