jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Fans

1. David Fallon profile image60
    David Fallonposted 8 years ago

Ahhh!! How do I get more fans??  I have up to 80 people viewing my hubs, but I am stuck at 6 fans...Any advice?

1. Helen Cater profile image68
      Helen Caterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes this is all about networking too..Join others fan clubs and comment on there hard work. I know I have made lots of comments and I would say 50& don't even bother to reply...That's not the way to build a good fan base...Always answer your comments and comment on those that have taken time to read your work. I am interested in a lot of topics and can find something of interest on everyones pages...It's not a one way street and don't exspect fans as this is a choice....Good luck I will come visit you.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is my 2 cents, not sure if it helps. I would say, why do you want fans? You have people viewing, thats what matters if your here for money. I am thinking, you get money for people clicking on ads. They dont have to be a fan to do that. If your here because you feel passionatly about what you write, you should still be happy people are reading. So, dont worry about number of fans. Keep writing and be happy with the quality of your work, the fans will work itself out. Good luck!! You cat is quite cute, btw.  smile

1. lushplanet profile image56
        lushplanetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you.How did you get so many fans?smile

3. lushplanet profile image56
      lushplanetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What if I ask you the same question? Dear David, I need a few friends too.

2. arunjain1989 profile image53
    arunjain1989posted 8 years ago

well If you write quality hubs and visit hubs of other hubbers and comment on them.They will sure visit your hub and comment back and if your hub is impressive they would surely be your fan.

1. maidouxixi profile image56
      maidouxixiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you .I will follow what you advice in the future .smile

1. arunjain1989 profile image53
        arunjain1989posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thats good.You will surely do well.You got a fan in me already.

1. Rynaldos profile image73
          Rynaldosposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Would you be my fan if i paid you ?? LOL

Bung us a few mill and I might think about it...

3. Haunty profile image82
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

Just read your last hub. If you skim through it you'll notice a few grammatical errors.

1. maidouxixi profile image56
      maidouxixiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

hehe ,you're right.

4. Haunty profile image82
    Hauntyposted 8 years ago

Also, notice that Helen has 161 posts after 8 days. It's easy to learn by watching how people do it. smile

1. arunjain1989 profile image53
      arunjain1989posted 8 years ago in reply to this

you are right haunty...and your observation skill is very good!!

1. Haunty profile image82
        Hauntyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Your advice was great too.

In fact, it's just the first few weeks when people are actively after getting new fans. Afterwards, most of us come to realize there's little point in it. smile

Ha ha you old sceptic......I think the penny is dropping with me on that one.....but the networking is fun.

5. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 8 years ago

I'm a newbie too - and at first I was worried about fans - especially when the number kept on going down! However, I realized, after some great advice on this forum, that fans fon't really matter anyway - visits to 'quality' hubs is more important - so I'm concentrating on creating quality hubs....

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

I'm not so concerned with fans.  I read hubs and comment, but by no means expect that they will read my hubs & comment or fan me.  Would I like to see more readership? Absolutely, as I sit right now, I get more readers off of google than hub members.  Would I like my views to be higher, YES, but I want views from both inside and outside, so I can hopefully get some sales from Amazon & clicks on Ad Sense, which hubbers to not do for each other. big_smile

7. David Fallon profile image60
    David Fallonposted 8 years ago

Thanks everyone smile  Lotsa food for thought

working