jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What kind of pets and how many can you have that make the best company for each

1. suncat profile image57
    suncatposted 7 years ago

What kind of pets and how many can you have that make the best company for each other?

So that they would get alone well and not be in any conflict with one another.

2. jackie.t profile image60
    jackie.tposted 7 years ago

We have eight pussycats, so all the same kind of animal and even then they can still have their own issues! They tend to have their own personalities which are sometimes in conflict with each other but on the whole they are pretty good mates. My son desperately wants a guinea pig or an axlotyl but I've had to say no to both of those, for the moment anyway!

3. jon smith profile image56
    jon smithposted 7 years ago

We have a cat and sometimes that is more than enough (I mean If you are not at home, who should take care of them?). I like animals and we often go to the zoo, but I cannot imagine to have a zoo in my own house smile)) But very good question!

4. misspeachesx profile image90
    misspeachesxposted 6 years ago

I think that really depends on the animals in questions. You can make generalizations, but it comes down to the individual animal's temperament. At our home for example, we have cats and dogs that have no issue with each other. Our cats even hang out with our rabbits and, when we had them, our birds. There have never been any scuffles, but that doesn't mean it could work for you. Our dogs have no issue with our free roaming goat (we live in the country tongue), whereas some dogs have such high prey drive that they couldn't be trusted around her.

I believe it really comes down to your pet's personality. There are plenty of odd "animal couples" out there that work well smile