jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

anyone knw what to do when a dog gets all stiff starts chocking can breath and s

1. profile image46
    karen_garcia012posted 7 years ago

anyone knw what to do when a dog gets all stiff starts chocking can breath and starts throwing...

up ?????????

2. TimeHealsAll profile image78
    TimeHealsAllposted 7 years ago

Sounds like he's got something lodged in his airway. I would take him to the vet soon.

3. profile image46
    karen_garcia012posted 7 years ago

do you knw anyplace thats not that expensive

4. Jayheart profile image60
    Jayheartposted 7 years ago

my dog did that as well last spring...throwing up yellow foam, and dry heaving. Probably needs to go to vet....country vets are usually cheaper. Also if it is on commercial dog food...get him off of that right now. It is poisona and killed my dog. You need to feed holistic dog food, raw bones or cook food yourself...lots of info for this on internet.

5. ThePepperDen profile image69
    ThePepperDenposted 7 years ago

Karen, you dog needs to see a vet. If your dog has something lodged in his throat, it's important to get it removed before it causes any significant damage. The longer you wait, the larger the potential vet bill will be.

Don't be afraid to call around- tell the vets what symptoms your dog has and what it may cost to fix. If necessary, you could take out a small personal loan to pay the vet bill, or borrow from a friend or family member. Just be sure you will be able to pay it back promptly.

If you simply can't afford to take your dog to the vet, try calling up your local ASPCA office or animal rescue group. They may have a veterinarian they can refer you to that is funded by voluntary donations.

To prevent the sting of sudden and unexpected vet bills, perhaps it would be worth looking into pet insurance if you can afford the regular fee. Sometimes pet insurance is easier to manage than a sudden dip into your bank account- it's kind of like forced savings. smile

I hope that helps! Best of luck for your little dog.

Closed to reply