jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone have a suggestion for freshening a Yorkie's breath. She won't let u

1. nadp profile image77
    nadpposted 8 years ago

Does anyone have a suggestion for freshening a Yorkie's breath.  She won't let us brush her...

teeth.  I've gotten a few different dental chews for her that are supposed to help bad breath but she doesn't chew on them.  She hides them in different places around the house and goes back to make sure they're still there every couple of days.  Cute - but her breath smells.  Any solutions?

2. Isabellas profile image73
    Isabellasposted 8 years ago

They do make a variety of mouth sprays for your dog. It is easier than trying to brush there teeth. If the teeth is the problem then you might want to look at and consult with your vet about the possibility of a dental cleaning. You can also check out this website http://howtotrainmydog.weebly.com/dog-h … items.html which has a healthcare suggestions on it. That might help you out. Something that I have done with my own Yorkie is to take the toothpaste and put it on a cotton or gauze item that is clean and when you are rubbing on your dogs face you can usually sneak the gauze into the mouth and get a quick brushing in.

3. coneybridget profile image55
    coneybridgetposted 8 years ago

Petrodex, breath spray sold in Pet Co. it's lightly scented and it also helps whiten teeth.

4. carolegalassi profile image59
    carolegalassiposted 8 years ago

Try rubbing a freshly peeled and cut glove of garlic around her teeth and gums.

Closed to reply