jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What exactly happens to animals when they die?

1. ChristineVianello profile image59
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

What exactly happens to animals when they die?

My snake died, and I would like to believe he is in heaven.

2. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

I have no idea.  I've heard some say that animals have no souls.  I find that hard to believe when Moxie is so much a part of mine.  I plan on having her cremated and putting part of her ashes on a necklace when she dies.

3. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 6 years ago

Physically, the flesh of the animal decomposes and eventually "returns to the earth". There is no way of knowing if anything happens metaphysically. However, pet owners may feel a strong personal conviction that their pet remains present in some way, shape or form, due to their deep connection while still together physically.

4. f_hruz profile image73
    f_hruzposted 6 years ago

Sure ... believe anything you like ... even if it makes no sense - that's what religion is all about! smile

5. thecatgallery profile image65
    thecatgalleryposted 5 years ago

Yes, Daffy, of course animals have souls. I love your idea of putting part of your cremated Moxie into a necklace when she dies, keeping her close to you. The following link expresses beautifully what will happen to her after she 'dies'.

http://www.thecatgallery.com/passing_ra … ridge.html

I've sent this link to a couple other related questions, such as do animals go to heaven when they die, and what do you say to someone who has lost a beloved pet.
    This piece addresses all these questions and I want to share the beauty, comfort,  and encouragement it has to offer, whenever it is appropriate.