jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is my dog vomiting blood and is bleeding from the rectum?

1. profile image46
    Tawnposted 6 years ago

Why is my dog vomiting blood and is bleeding from the rectum?

My dog is vomiting blood and bright red blood is coming out in her stool.  We just put a dog down because we thought he was dying of heart disease or cancer.  He was vomiting, coughing and bleeding from the rectum also.  We had him tested for heartworm and gave him dewormer and many different antibiotics but nothing worked.  What do I do to help this dog?

2. katesaidan profile image78
    katesaidanposted 6 years ago

You NEED to take your dog to the vet. Bright red blood means an active bleed close to the exit. In the stool it could be whipworm. Vomiting or vomiting blood is a sign that your dog needs immediate medical attention or he will most likely die.

Not all worms are effected by generic dewormers you can get from a pet/farm store. Some, like whip worm, require a very specific poison to destroy them. Antibiotics are only effective against bacteria, good and bad. Giving antibiotics without knowing exactly what is wrong can damage any animal's digestive system.

It sounds like Parvo. Please take your animal to a vet.

3. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

TAKE THE DOG TO THE VET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. JherusiaLhean profile image58
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

That means something is wrong and you should let your dog consulted to the vet so that you can determine what's the problem.

5. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

there is the possiblity of it being parvo...when such a thing is seen it should be diagnosed by a vet