What is your experience using pet dander shampoo on a cat to reduce allergies? I

1. Katelyn Weel profile image87
    Katelyn Weelposted 6 years ago

What is your experience using pet dander shampoo on a cat to reduce allergies? Is it worth a try?

I'd like to know what shampoos have worked, what didn't, and whether or not any of them are effective in reducing pet allergies.

2. jorja kick profile image71
    jorja kickposted 6 years ago

The dander isn't so much on the cat as in the fur of the cat,someone may bring dander in the house on clothing.in essence someone without an allergy to pet dander,should bathe the cat ,not the person with the allergy!(dander is just dead skin cells) have someone brush the cat outside, to help remove the dander.
    actually any shampoo will work as long as the person with the allergy doesn't do it,as it will get on your clothes,keep the pet from the bedroom,a air filter doesn't always work for it only filters the air, and  not what is already surface stuck..
    hope this answers it for you.
    jorja kick

3. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

I have an excellent answer for this: Don't give a cat a bath unless its infested with fleas (like I did). Then before you start...buy yourself some really long gloves so when the cat starts trying to climb up both arms at once ripping out your arteries it wont hurt so much...Yeow!

working