jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Anyone have experience using Amazon to self-publish?

1. Jeff Gamble profile image73
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

Anyone have experience using Amazon to self-publish?

Anyone have experience using Amazon to self-publish? I've been looking at the CreateSpace and direct to Kindle options and wanted to get feedback from folks who have used one or the other or both to self-publish.

2. SEM Pro profile image85
    SEM Proposted 5 years ago

Hi Jeff - James Watkins said he helped his wife publish a couple books through Amazon. You could message him (or her) directly. Good luck!

3. RustyW profile image76
    RustyWposted 5 years ago

No, I have never used an Amazon, but I have tried a few Yahoo's!

4. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 5 years ago

Take a look at Smashwords.com. You might like it.

1. Jeff Gamble profile image73
      Jeff Gambleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great suggestion - Just skimming through the general info, they have better distribution than Amazon and you make more $ - Thanks for the tip!

5. tmbridgeland profile image84
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

I have an account there, but find their instructions confusing so have not put anything up yet. Hopefully I will figure it out soon.

6. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

I have not personally used Amazon to self-publish. However, I did just edit a book for a pair of authors that used Amazon to self-publish. And the book was published at the end of March.

I assume it was easy enough since they were not the type I would see putting a book together and going through a more traditional process. They are two rappers that run a night club if that helps any. I know they made the book available on Kindle, but I don't think there is a hard copy available at all, expect for what I edited. What I do know is they were pleased enough that they are looking to do another book and have me edit that one as well.

7. netraptor profile image60
    netraptorposted 5 years ago

I haven't done it yet, but I've been heavily researching it. I think Smashwords is a better place to start from because they let you publish to Kindle as well as Nook and several others.

working