jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone had personal experience using St Johns Wort? What do you think? Does

1. kentuckyslone profile image85
    kentuckysloneposted 7 years ago

Has anyone had personal experience using St Johns Wort? What do you think? Does it really work?

2. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 7 years ago

has been shown to help mild and moderate, but not severe depression. it interacts with lots of meds, so be sure to discuss with your doc before starting.

3. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 6 years ago

It has helped me by keeping my emotions stable especially under stress. My thinking is more clear and I'm able to deal with daily stress when before I'd wring somebody's neck. Remember that St. John's Wort is an herb not a drug. Drugs act almost immediately and that's why doctors prescribe them. Herbs take much longer to have an impact but there are no serious side effects (unless you overdose). St. John's Wort can take up to six weeks to take effect and most people don't want to wait that long. Much depends on how severe the problem is. Recommended dosage is always written on the bottle. Use high quality STW which is available at health food stores. The supermarket variety is not worth the money spent. Another option is to grow your own STW. Then you can use it in tea, etc. STW also comes in prepackaged teas but I haven't tried those.

1. debfrench profile image60
      debfrenchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi do you still take St Johns wort. How long Have you been on it. It will be a month for me aug the 20 2013

working