jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your experience with hiring a pet sitter while away from home?

1. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

What is your experience with hiring a pet sitter while away from home?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We went to the Makah Reservation in WA for work one summer, and let a student live in our home in exchange for taking care of our animals.

We lived on someone's farm in Indiana at the time, my husband was also a student--and found out from the farmer that the student left the dogs out in the thunderstorms and didn't like them in the house (they were house animals).  We felt really helpless about the whole situation. I would not do it again, as someone that is hired does not love the animals in the way we do.

3. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

I am a pet sitter acutally part time. Before people hire me we will have a phone interview. After that, I will go to the clients house and have a face-to-face interview.

4. TheBlondie profile image61
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

A couple times, my parents and I were away from home while someone down the street from us took care of our cats. I didn't know them too well, and I wasn't too sure about it since they had two cats who they pretty much let loose and paid no attention to them (eventually they ran away). But we had no other choice, so we chose them. They didn't clean the litterbox, and they overfed the cats so much that they were noticeably fatter when we got home.
    I'd recommend that you (or anyone else) find a friend or neighbor who also has pets and that you know loves animals and will take good care of yours.

5. sharma mukesh profile image47
    sharma mukeshposted 9 months ago

As a first time user of http://adamhelps.com, I am thrilled to report that our recent pet sitter was so perfect, that on return we immediately re-booked him for next Christmas before he got snaffled up by someone else! Not only was our dog sitting on his lap within several days of his arrival, a very unusual sight, but he was also very respectful of our space, and neat and tidy too.

Really Helpful App to find local trusted professionals at reasonable rates.