jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone know what it means if there's bright red spots in my dogs poop?

1. justamber profile image59
    justamberposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know what it means if there's bright red spots in my dogs poop?

It's definitely not blood. It almost looks like little red pieces of a sucker or something. Vets closed till Monday....

2. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hello:

If it doesn't look like blood, than do not be too worried. However maybe your dog had eaten something out in the yard, example being some type of plant etc... that would cause this coloration in the stool, or the bright red spots you had mentioned. Did you or someone else dump any old table scraps outside. I know that sometimes this happens and dogs will eat anything dumped within range of their sniffer and gobble it up. If your dog appears to be acting normal and does not appear to be in pain to add, than I think you should be okay until monday to get him or her to the vets.In addition make sure your dog drinks plenty of water in the mean time, so it can flush anything in its system that it may have eaten. Hope some of my suggestions help you out.

JL

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't even waste time with a vet unless your dog is acting abnormally. Even if there were blood in the stool, this does happen sometimes, with people too.

I would check around the yard thoroughly for anything out of the ordinary and make sure your pooch isn't dehydrated.

4. profile image55
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

Just be sure it is not blood in the dogs stool.  It could be lots of things, your dog could have eaten a toy, some type of food, plant.  Your best bet is the vet if there is any question at all.  You would think that after a couple of poops, it  would be gone.

petsareagift.com

working