jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Yesterday my 4 months german shepherd scared me......PLZ HELP ME

1. profile image48
    abhinavtrivedi87posted 6 years ago

Yesterday my 4 months german shepherd scared me......PLZ HELP ME

thanx for d reply seeker7.....bt in india specially in my city dese facilities lyk training classes for dogs are not available...and dere are couple of trainers bt dey r of no use.....so plzzz help me in another way....is dere any other solution bcoz by reading ur comment now I m more scared so plz plz help me bcoz I luv my puppy very much....

2. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi sorry that you don't have these facilities about where you live - a lot ofplaces don't.

Please don't be scared of your puppy - you and your puppy will be fine all that needs to happen is that you are both working to the same agenda. Your puppy doesn't mean to be mean or harmful, he is talking in the only language he knows - that is using growling,nibbling - it's like a very young child having a temper tantrum.

What I will do is send you an e-mail with specific advice on how to handle your puupy's aggression. This is taken directly from one of the best sites for German Shepherd dogs. But you and your puppy will be fine - remember to relax around your puppy and even if you don't yet feel confident, just pretend in front of your dog that you are.

Okay I will go and get the e-mail ready for you.

3. profile image0
    Vanessa McKayposted 6 years ago

German Sheperds are great dogs.  They are loyal companions and will protect you with their own life should the need arise.

It is important to show him that you are in charge with stern commands, not violence.  Hitting a dog teaches him to be fearful and scared animals bite!

Check out  this website www.dogslife.com.au for some training tips that may help.  There is also a book and dvd training guide for German Sheperds available from www.thebookdepository.com - they post free world wide.

I hope this helps

4. Kate Mc Bride profile image88
    Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago

Your pup is young but he is big,that's all.He looks lovely in the photo.Don't be afraid
    of him-he will sense it and you have nothing to worry about anyway-he is a shepherd so he is loyal.Seeker 7 has the right idea here-treat him like  a young child and let him sense you are not afraid of him.
    You are lucky he is so young-you have many years ahead with him.