jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to scare away cats?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

How to scare away cats?

Is it possible to get rid of cats that keep coming to my property and destroy my plants?

2. Hello, hello, profile image58
    Hello, hello,posted 6 years ago

Put pepper at their favourite places. Not a lot just spread very, very little ground pepper and only a little dust here and there

3. heavenbound5511 profile image78
    heavenbound5511posted 6 years ago

Go to this site and read some of there non-harmful ways to keeps cats out of plants. 

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/h … plants.htm

Have a good day!

4. punacoast profile image98
    punacoastposted 6 years ago

Get yourself a cat!  We used to deal with feral cats (many of them here in Hawaii) using our garden as their litter box.  All the smell and the flies, ugh!  Then we adopted a cat and the problem solved.  Our cat keeps the other cats away (he fought viciously to protect his territory from the very beginning) and best of all, he never poops in the garden!  I spied on him once to see where he usually poops and pees (sounds ridiculous isn't it?) and it's far away at the edge of our property.  I think that's how he marks his territory, as in "Don't ya dare cross my big pile of doodoo here or I'll rip that skinny mangy tail off ya sorry butt, hissssss!"

5. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 6 years ago

There are products on the market, specifically designed to ward off cats from your dwelling....typically, you spray them around the area surrounding your house and the smell is repugnant to cats. Do NOT get a cat, in the hopes it will drive off the feral ones. Cats are territorial, and even spayed or neutered cats will "mark" their homes when they feel threatened or challenged by strange cats. You do NOT want that smell, trust me.

6. DubstepMaker profile image60
    DubstepMakerposted 4 years ago

it is definitely possible with a bit of work you can solve this problem. one of the best things i have found is to put tin foil at the base of the plant, the cats hate tin foil!