jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What would you do if you saw an advert for your stolen pet?

1. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

What would you do if you saw an advert for your stolen pet?

Your pet has been stolen from your property, a few days later while reading a magazine that sells all forms of things, you notice an advert for said pet. What would you do?

2. Cat R profile image77
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

I would have my pet (aka family member) back and the police would be involved. And I would also send out a DNA (Do Not Adopt) warning to all my fellow rescuers!

3. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I  had an answer, but now reading Cat R I am lost a bit. So, many thoughts about this intriguing question. Thanks for asking.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would call the cops so fast.  Or maybe answer the ad and make sure it was my pet first.  Tough call because my pets are members of my family and I would frantic is one was taken.

5. delaneyworld profile image79
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I would first file a police report documenting my dog was stolen.  Secondly, I would contact the police department via their non-emergency line and ask for guidance.  The police department may send an officer with you to look into the theft when you respond to the advertisement. 

If the police are unable to assist and/or you cannot prove it is your pet - I would make haste and buy back your pet.  It is not the best option, but may be the only way to peacefully get your beloved pet back home to your family.

If anyone is going through this, I wish them best of luck to a happy and safe reunion.

6. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Note the name, address, and number. Go to the house and get your pet back. Yes, I'm saying break into someone else's home. Simple. Break a window, pick the lock, etc. Study his patterns so you will know when he/she is gone as well. (Do not forget that "minor" area of planning.) Trash the place, steal a few things if you want to make it look real. However, drop the stuff you stole in someone's trash around the city so you don't get caught with it even if the action gets traced to you.
    Or you can be the helpless female with a heart and call the cops if you want to. Whichever you wish to do.
    I would break into the house because I would be happy for weeks over getting my pet back and breaking his property and successfully achieving a goal.

working