jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have a favorite type of bird that comes to your bird feeder?

1. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

Do you have a favorite type of bird that comes to your bird feeder?

In the spring my feeder is visited by indigo buntings...they're absolutely striking!!

2. Esmeowl12 profile image83
    Esmeowl12posted 6 years ago

It's hard to choose, but I think I love the Carolina Chickadees the best. They are so cheerful and "chattery." They don't seem to mind when I'm close by.

3. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Living in the UK, it has to be the Blue Tit, it kind of resembles a Chickadee, but has a blue cap, a yellow breast and blue and green wings. I love the way it hangs off the bird feeder, so acrobatic.

4. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

I love blue jays and red birds! They are so beautiful, my all time favorite bird is the hummingbird though:)

5. Caveman Etris profile image72
    Caveman Etrisposted 6 years ago

The same few birds are usually at the feeder but I have to say the Blue Jays and the Ladder-backed Woodpeckers are probably the most noticed. However, I did see a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak last year. That was a surprise and I got a photo which I placed on my website. They also showed it on the local news after I sent the photo in. One time, there was a Cooper's Hawk on the feeder but I was unable to get a photo.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Actually, I had two, the Black-capped Chickadee and the Tufted Titmouse. One almost did not go anywhere without the other. LOL
    It is because they are from the same family.

1. moonfairy profile image80
      moonfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

we have those same birds at our feeder and they're adorable to watch!