jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Should there be a limit on the amount of pets a person can own?

1. CWanamaker profile image95
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Should there be a limit on the amount of pets a person can own?

Animal hoarding seems to be really out of hand these days.

2. Silver Poet profile image75
    Silver Poetposted 6 years ago

I don't think people should keep animals in unsafe and unsanitary environments. If someone has space, time, and funds for extra animals (such as people who house the overflow from animal shelters) there should be no law against it nor any law limiting how many they can care for.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

I think in most places there is a limit, at least in residential areas. It varies depending on where you live.

4. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

For people living in cities, space and time are scarce. When they have too many pets, it can create problems for their neighbors. Limiting pets based on space available is a good idea.

5. urgurl_bri profile image83
    urgurl_briposted 6 years ago

I don't think there should be a limit.  As long as you're taking care of them and treating them right.

6. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 6 years ago

In most instances, yes.  Beyond a certain point you simply lack the ability to properly care for the animals.  However, if you live in a rural area with lots of space - like a multi-acre farm - then I'd feel better about the odds of them being properly looked after.

7. rainnie526 profile image61
    rainnie526posted 6 years ago

It depends. If the person does not have the ability to take care of all his pets, he should not be allowed to have more pets.

8. sportgames profile image60
    sportgamesposted 6 years ago

yes, i think there should be a limit.
    10 cats in an apartment are to much