jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you spend to much money for pet food and sometimes try others or been with th

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 6 years ago

Do you spend to much money for pet food and sometimes try others or been with the same for years?

2. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

The amount I spend on pet food is small now as I only have one kitty. I do not always buy the same kind and I look for the more nutritous kinds for her since I have only one pet to be concerned with. When I was mothering 13 kitties, I bought large quantities and used coupons.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

12 yrs ago when i first began to rescue cats, i thought all pet food was the same. but the cats made it clear this was not the case. some cat foods, the ones with red dyes, caused the cats to throw up, some caused diahrea, some never satisfied their hunger. In frustration i finally asked my vet, what food is affordable in large quantities and easy to find at any store, and i was surprised to hear his recommendation of Purina Cat Chow. However, since i already only trusted Purina kitten chow for the cats under one year, I gave it a try. my cats have never been healthier. soft shiny coats, satisfied appetites, firm stools and no throwing up except the usual hair balls. i have stuck with Purina now for over 6 yrs and never any complaints...i even started feeding Purina dog chow to my dog. i will be staying with Purina.

4. Caitlin Pyle profile image83
    Caitlin Pyleposted 6 years ago

It's worth it to spend money on good cat food. I used to buy Natural Balance for my cats, but then I discovered BJ's has their own brand of holistic chicken/brown rice cat food and it's only $10 for 8 lbs. My cats love it and I save money.

working