Do you think people convicted of animal should be required to register?

1. kgarcia1113 profile image73
    kgarcia1113posted 5 years ago

Do you think people convicted of animal should be required to register?

I read somewhere that someone suggested a registry for animal abusers, it would be similar to the national sex offender registry. Do you think this is a good idea? What are your thoughts?

2. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 5 years ago

I don't think it's a good idea.  Even a sex registry is controversial.  People who are convicted sex offenders are basically given a life sentence...they are not free from their past crimes in order to pursue a normal life.  Instead, they are punished forever.  Such a thing is hardly justifiable and to do so for someone who just hurt an animal certainly is not.

3. horsemanofrayle profile image59
    horsemanofrayleposted 4 years ago

I think its a good idea for some type of registration to be put down so that every time they apply for some thing it will come up. A person who does this has some sort of problem and would not hesitate to hurt a child physically or take a human life I believe in a hospital setting , care home or even a day care. Think about it if an individual would kill a kitten or torture a puppy just to see what it would do think what they might  do to a child or an old person?

working