jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it is appropriate to register with a bridal registry for a second m

1. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 6 years ago

Do you think it is appropriate to register with a bridal registry for a second marriage?

What if you didn't with your first marriage because it was a quickie in front of the judge type wedding?

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I think in this day and age, there isn't anything wrong with doing a bridal registry for a second marriage. Now if you're going on your 6th or 7th marriage... it might be a bit weird, lol

3. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 6 years ago

Thanks BizGenGirl....I sort of have to agree about the 6th or 7th marriage part.  It would be weird.  :-)

4. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Regardless I say the answer is yes, it def ok.

5. your cybersister profile image61
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I don't think that it would be wrong, but depending on the particular circumstances, it might not really be necessary.  If the two of you are starting a household from scratch or know that your friends are the type who are going to spend money on a wedding present anyway it makes sense to register so their money goes to something useful.  If the two of you don't really need anything or are having an intimate ceremony for only a few close friends who haven't been asking what you would like I wouldn't bother registering.

6. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

I totally agree with Your Cybersister's point of view.  I think it has a lot to do with what stage of life you are in... if your house is already 'set up' then you may not need to register.  On the other hand if you are both just starting out or if you think your friends & family genuinely want some guidance on gift ideas then it does make sense to register.

7. Pamela Sarzana profile image60
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 6 years ago

Second marriages are less formal as far as "gifting" goes if the same guests that attended the first wedding will be attending the second -"Your attendance would be lovely ,no gift please" , on the invitation or something of that nature. It is acceptable to have a Bridal Registry for the second marriage noted on your invitation  (but not for the same people who attended your last wedding)  Couples on there second marriages already have "toasters" and are established in those areas, so camping gear, hobby related items. Fine China and Silver would not be proper. A get together for the bride with a few close friends before the wedding , not so much a "Shower". It is still a special day for both the Bride and Groom and should be treated as such ,but with tastefully. It is not proper to wear the same dress ,or Wedding gown to your second  wedding ..even if it is a designer gown, that would be tasteless and rude.