jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best name for a Golden Retriever puppy?

1. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago

What is the best name for a Golden Retriever puppy?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6503712_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

OH MY!  Those dogs - are super friendly and super HYPER - so a name that has something to do with high energy, I think, would be the way to go.

Call the dog SKITTLES ...or maybe RED BULL!

3. Be Pain Free profile image83
    Be Pain Freeposted 6 years ago

Vesuvius (you could call it "Su"). Algernon. Mjölnir. Cerberus (might best be reserved for mutant puppies). Morpheus.

Of course, there's always "Comet."

4. blaeberry profile image61
    blaeberryposted 6 years ago

Cosmo.  I don't know why, but I have always wanted a dog named Cosmo.

5. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 6 years ago

Try "Captain Ketchup". It has a good ring to it, and you know nobody else has a dog named like that:)

6. Turtlewoman profile image95
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

How cute! He looks like a "Maximus" to me! You can call him "Max" for short too.

7. afriqnet profile image49
    afriqnetposted 6 years ago

I don't have a particular name for your beautiful Lab puppy but I would vote for the one proposed by Turtlewoman "Maximus"

8. golfcart34 profile image74
    golfcart34posted 6 years ago

We named out late Golden mix Spooky because we got him right around Halloween.  He was an awesome dog!

9. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Is this your puppy or just a photo of one? I usually watch my pets for a while before giving them a name. The name I give them is based on their personality - with the exception of my second to last addition, my own Golden Retriever who came to me at about 1 1/2 years of age with a name - Opal. She was named Opal because she was part of the "O" litter born at Paws With a Cause. Opal and her "O" littermates all found new jobs - they were, as they say in the business - "career changed."

10. Djaak profile image38
    Djaakposted 5 years ago

If the dog is a female, I would go with GoldieHawn big_smile and if it is a male I would go with Flash. Because retrievers have so much energy.

working