jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever entered your pet into a competition?

1. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Have you ever entered your pet into a competition?

Maybe it was a photo competition or a showing competitions or something else. I've entered a picture of my own cat into a current competition to appear on a calender.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, I haven't. Hope you have a great day.

3. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

I entered my dog in the "Mut Derby" at the greyhound track in Tampa when I was a kid. He was too busy running around with the other dogs to focus on the race. We were screaming our heads off, but he took his sweet time.

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 5 years ago

Not my current pet, though I used to show my dog, cats and rabbits in 4-H. My dog went the furthest with it, and we did showmanship, obedience and agility for eight years.

5. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

I don't think either of my dogs would far very well in any sort of competition involving  showing where they would be around other dogs...they are far too playful and energetic. And I also like letting them be dogs...I feel sad watching lots of the dog shows out there where the dogs are essentially behaving like trained robots. I think either of them would fare well in a photo competition though (though I have never entered them in a competition like that), because they're adorable. But of course I'm biased!

6. GDiBiase profile image74
    GDiBiaseposted 5 years ago

I took my two dogs I use to have to a Halloween event at Pet Quarters. There was costume judging and pictures taken. I dressed them as Raggedy Ann and Andy totally homemade costumes complete with the red yarn hair. My Australian Shepherd was Raggedy Ann she had a blue print dress, white apron and bloomers. My Spaniel was Andy he had blue pants, a white shirt, and vest and bow tie that matched Raggedy Ann's dress. Then won 1st prize.  They were such a cute pair my shepherd was so big and my spaniel so small.

working