jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you buy clothes for your pets?

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Do you buy clothes for your pets?

2. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 5 years ago

No I don't. Dogs tend to overheat easily, and with their thick coats in the winter time they don't need that extra wear. However, if it's one of the tiny dogs such as a toy poodle it may not hurt. If it's a bigger dog there's now way they should be wearing extra clothing.

3. Dragonrain profile image84
    Dragonrainposted 5 years ago

My dog has 3 shirts, a raincoat, and a jacket.  Not sure if this counts but he also has a life jacket for when we take him boating.  I don't buy clothes for him often.  I usually only dress him in the winter during his walks when it's cold and snowy.  My dog is a single coated toy breed, so he doesn't have an undercoat to keep him warm when it's cold.  The raincoat we use in the rain because he really hates the rain.

With any breed, I don't have anything against seeing dogs dressed up as long as the owner is smart about it.

4. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

No we never bought clothes for our pets , that was just another weird American thingthat they do to make money wasnt it ?
    Animals were designed to be outdoors as they are not to wear human clothes !

5. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6419307_f260.jpg

I enjoy dressing my little Miniature Schnauzer, Baby.  I think she likes it too.  She always wears a sweater when it's chilly out.  She has a nice thick coat of hair so in the hot weather, I don't dress her.

1. flashmakeit profile image70
      flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

She looks so pretty in pink.

2. freecampingaussie profile image62
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does look cute ! I want a dog like that to travel with us .

6. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

My little dog goes au natural, but since she is very short-haired, we do have a little jacket for her when the weather turns cold.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I don't my dachshunds and pugsund won't put up with it even though they're short haired and we live in a cold climate. My daughter has a Chihuahua that seem to like to wear his coat though.

8. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Only if I have a small dog that will wear them! I have medium-large-sized dogs right now and they do not care for clothes and I cannot justify dressing them in them since they do not need them for warmth. Besides they look pretty stupid in them. However, when I had a small dog I "played dolls" with my little dog and he had a small wardrobe of jackets - a bomber jacket, a red plain jacket and a parka with a hood with faux fur - not to mention several sporty wool sweaters! I see no harm in this - my dog was well cared for and exercised. Before anyone criticizes people who dress their dogs, they need to eradicate puppy mills and other animal abusers. Then they can criticize those of us who pamper our dogs and play with them by dressing them up! Besides - in my puppy classes, I have my students dress their gs up in costumes as a handling exercise!

working