jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

How badly will SEO be affected if I use WordPress and HubPages to post the exact

1. AshleyVincent profile image60
    AshleyVincentposted 5 years ago

How badly will SEO be affected if I use WordPress and HubPages to post the exact same blog I write?

I'm a professional wildlife photograph and want to start blogging with a view to primarily drawing more interest to my work over the net. My wife and I actually own a photo gallery at our local zoo, which allows me the unique opportunity of working closely with handlers and photographing animals in situations regular visitors wouldn't have, enabling me to write about things that may also be considered unique and interesting. I really think WordPress offers me a broader platform, but I like the exposure I feel Hubs get, so I'd really like to post the same write-ups in both.

2. theclevercat profile image93
    theclevercatposted 5 years ago

Sorry, but this is against HubPages' terms of use:
    http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

"4. RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS ON USE
    In Your use of the Service You must abide by the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. As a Service User or Author, You may Not: Publish Hubs or Hub Content that are identical to, substantially similar to, or derived from other Hubs and/or content published elsewhere on the Web. This applies even if You are the owner of that content and/or have the rights to publish that content online."

AshleyVincentposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your reply TCC. Wow, sounds a little heavy-handed. I can understand a need to prohibit spam-style blogs, but why would HP mind if the same thoughts I share over here we're also available to people reading my blog on my site?

2. theclevercat profile image93
      theclevercatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, good question. I guess if you worded the articles (for lack of a better term) differently enough yet with the same main idea, it would not be a violation.

3. AshleyVincent profile image60

Thanks again TCC! I guess I could try that, but I'd hate to suddenly be penalised as someone over here deemed that my "articles" weren't quite different enough. Any idea of an Admin or someone I could write to about this?

4. theclevercat profile image93
      theclevercatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You could try the Help Forum and contact them.

AshleyVincentposted 5 years ago

WIll do and thanks again for your time in addressing this TCC, wishing you a great one ahead :^)

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No duplicate content on Hubpages and believe me they will know.

Thanks for underlining this DM, though this is kind of making it sound like I'm, looking to circumvent HP's policies, which I can assure you I'm not. Perhaps there is a happy medium to be found, and that's what I intend on finding out. Thanks again!

2. duffsmom profile image60
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

AshleyVincent -I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I kept my answer brief because I was hurrying through here-didn't mean for it to sound abrupt.   Hope you find the happy medium.

No worries DM, though thanks for clarifying! Still trying to understand HP's policy as I've seen at least one author write similar things here to what he's written on another site and that seems to be OK. Need to do further research. All the best!

working