jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Original Games For A Puppy?

1. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Original Games For A Puppy?

Typically for Scotland in June the weather will be cold, windy and rainy over the weekend. So my 3 month old pup will not be getting out and about as much. This bundle of energy is always looking for something new to get up to. So to ward off any boredom, I'm looking for unique ways to use up her energy. So do hubbers have any favourite dog/puppy games they would like to share? Either training or fun games, it doesn't matter. I'm interested in any ideas.

2. PageC profile image60
    PageCposted 5 years ago

I like to do fun, freestyle "heeling" on both sides. I'll have the dog heel, stop, lie down, spin each way, weave through my legs as I'm walking, and so on.

Also, I might get down on the floor and have the dog jump over my legs.

If your puppy likes to chase balls, you could roll one down the hallway.

You can also hide the puppy's dinner in a few cardboard boxes and scatter the boxes around a room.

1. Seeker7 profile image97
      Seeker7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great ideas and I love the one about hiding her food in a few cardboard boxes! Very original and great fun!!

3. profile image0
    Headfullofsoundposted 5 years ago

How about something me and my dog do when we get bored - DUTCH OVEN!

4. buddybaker profile image61
    buddybakerposted 5 years ago

Hi. Buddy is a yellow lab with lots and lots of energy.  I always give him lots of toys to play with.  He loves stuffed animals, pull toys, and frisbes.  His favourite game is "tug of war" with blankets or anything else. I also give Buddy special bones to chew when I go to work to keep him busy.  I like to teach him lots of tricks.  This is fun for both of us.  I have taught him to sit, lie down, come, fetch, stay, leave it, and bark "I love my mommy". We both enjoy this time together.