jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

What is your favorite type of animal? And why?

1. missa72542 profile image94
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

What is your favorite type of animal? And why?

I personally love cats. They can be silly and fun to play with. They are also good cuddle buddies.

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I have a great love for alligators. It may be odd but they have meaning to me. They are one of the few good memories of my childhood that I have carried into adulthood. They are usually very gentle and I love to watch them swim. I grew up in an area where swimming in the water with them was normal. We didn't live in fear of them because we knew they were more afraid of us. The mothers carry their little ones around in their mouths even though when watching them it looks very uncomfortable. They are also very smart and can become trained even in the wild if humans get to close by feeding or petting. They are a beautiful creature.

1. wetnosedogs profile image61
      wetnosedogsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

awesome comment!

3. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I'd go with humans. Some can be a bit annoying or dumb, but on the whole they're pretty amusing. Otherwise, meerkats, they are loyal and protective little critters.

4. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

I will have to say dogs.Only don't tell my cat that.  They always forgive me, which it seems they have to do a lot with me.Like when my youngest dog had to get a bath yesterday, then her nails trimmed. She got pouty, but forgave me pretty quick. And somehow with people walking dogs, the dogs are always willing to stop for a pet and hear mushy words about how beautiful they are.

5. toknowinfo profile image89
    toknowinfoposted 5 years ago

Well, if you are talking about domestic animals, for me, it would be dogs. If you are talking about wild animals, it would be penguins.

1. missa72542 profile image94
      missa72542posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Any animal counts. smile I just listed cats as my favorite because they are, of all animals. Cheetahs come in very very close to being my favorite.

2. wetnosedogs profile image61
      wetnosedogsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

wouldn't it be great to spend a day with a cheetah, alligator, penguin? Any wild animal. That would be great.

3. toknowinfo profile image89
      toknowinfoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That would be interesting. Imagine if we could be our pet for a day. I think it would be great to spend the day as my dog. She looks like she has fun. It might be interesting to see the world from their perspective.

6. jemmamcg profile image59
    jemmamcgposted 5 years ago

My favourite type of domestic animal has to be a rabbit - I had a pet rabbit for 11 years (Rabbit Burns) and she's the best pet I could ever have hoped for.

7. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Dogs are my favorite. They have so much personality.

8. teaches12345 profile image97
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I know I am outnumbered here, but love cats.  They are independent but yet love being around people, most of them anyways.  I don't have a cat at the moment, but if my hubby has his way we will within the next few years.

9. miyagi714 profile image36
    miyagi714posted 5 years ago

Elephants are my favorite. Their size and power amazes me. It is also very interesting that they are that size considering that they are herbivores.

10. Lela Donelson profile image59
    Lela Donelsonposted 5 years ago

Dogs are my fav! I cannot, would not want to, imagine life without a large dog.  My current dog is a Yellow Lab. What a character she is! My last dog was a Chow Cow German Shepherd mix.  She never left my side through a debilitating period of my life. I have had some wonderful cats too!

working