What can I do to treat my kitten's eye infection?

1. tnvrstar profile image74
    tnvrstarposted 5 years ago

What can I do to treat my kitten's eye infection?

I have a cat which gave birth 2 little kittens recently. One of the kitten is healthy but the other one has minor eye infection. The kitten has watery eyes. What can I do to help the kitten? Can I use antibiotic eye ointment for the kitten? Please suggest me something except saying  "go to vet".

2. Theophanes profile image97
    Theophanesposted 5 years ago

You can buy antibiotic eye ointment for her at the pet store or online. It's called terramycin. That will only work if its actually an infection. You can of course just wash the eye out with warm water a wash cloth if its just a little gunky. Good luck.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

A damp washcloth is a good measure for keeping the area clean, and do it a few times a day.
    As "Theophanes" said, you can get the antibiotic "Terramycin," but, keep in mind that antibiotics are only good agains bacterial infections....and only a vet can determine that, as a culture would need to be taken.
    Give it a few days, and if it is not getting better, then I'm afraid that a trip to the vet is a must, lest the infection gets worse and the kitty loses its eyesight.