jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did you see the news headline that 1300 piglets have been shot in Manitoba -- se

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

Did you see the news headline that 1300 piglets have been shot in Manitoba -- several times?

Humans can be so cruel to animals.  I didn't read the article.  I hope several people get fired over this.

2. pinkpencil profile image61
    pinkpencilposted 5 years ago

I haven't but that is too much. Although they are source of food, it's no reason for piglet genocide.

3. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 5 years ago

I read that article, from TheStar paper. An ex-employee who just so happenly quit after the incident, was against the shooting of the baby pigs, but with 1,300 at hand, it was mentioned it would have tooken all day to inject them, so they opt to shoo the poor buggahs.
    According to the article, a full investigation is being performed, because  the two bros. running the farm, have left the company, never returning for equipment nor did they want to be interviewed. So far no one has been charged.
    *note*
    Chief Vet. Doc, claimed that prior to the shooting, with a. 22 caliber weapon, the piglets were shakey, and in distress. I'll save you from the rest of the gore. Former employer T. Brennen, was quoted as saying that it was very inhumane the manner it which it occured.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

This is awful, and not something I'll ever be able to understand. I did go read the article because I hadn't heard of it. What I want to know is how these idiot brothers for 1300 piggies in the first place? And, if the piglets were in such bad shape, what happened to the adults?

5. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image83
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your comments.  Heartwrenching.  I know they're 'just' pigs....some people would say, but to imagine how they felt -- the terror, the disbelief.  I think it's a curse we writers have -- and others too, I'm sure -- who imagine too much.  It's just so sad that they at least didn't get to die instantly.

Closed to reply

working