jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Which animal do you think has the most usual behavior?

1. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Which animal do you think has the most usual behavior?

2. tsadjatko profile image60
    tsadjatkoposted 5 years ago

By usual behavior do you mean most common behavior? If you do then the answer is the common snapping turtle. And then there is also the "uncommon" common snapping turtle. http://hub.me/aaBl5 :-)

3. drbj profile image82
    drbjposted 5 years ago

I can't answer for 'usual' behavior, flashmakeit, but If you meant to refer to UNUSUAL behavior, then there is only one animal that wins the prize. Which animal? Man! .  .  .  (and Woman).

4. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

It's got to be Homo sapiens surely. When you look at all other animals on this planet, we are undoubtedly the oddest in terms of behaviour. We wear clothes, cook food, believe in Gods, ride around in metal boxes and live in artifical caves. We have sex in private and we communicate through art. I remember watching a cheesy film called 'The Mating Habits of the Earthbound human.' I think Carmen Electra played the woman in it. It's really quite funny and highlights just how unusual we are.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I have always thought the African Lungfish to be one of the most unusual after seeing a National Geographic feature on them years ago. They live in water until evaporation from harsh climate takes it toll, then they secrete a slime which dries to a  protective moisture sealant exposing only the mouth which can then breathe air from primitive lungs until water again becomes plentiful. Lungfish also have feet-like fins that allow them to "walk" back to water in the rain. They can survive in encapsulation for 2-4 years.

1. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

sorry, I thought the question was about UNUSUAL behavior!! As far as usual or predictable behavior, I'd say a rattlesnake.

2. flashmakeit profile image69
      flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It should be unusual behavior.  Sorry I made a mistake.

working