jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get past the loss of a loved pet without getting a new one?

1. Frugal1 profile image61
    Frugal1posted 5 years ago

How do you get past the loss of a loved pet without getting a new one?

2. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

I lost my cat when i was 10 years old. She was hit and run by a motorbike early in the morning. Ever since then, I never own any cat because I don';t want to cry over a pet's death anymore. Just remember her cute actions in my  dreams . Until now, I still dream of her and she remained the best pet i ever had. Too bad i didn't take her photos back then. 30 years ago, cameras are damn expensive, you know.

1. Frugal1 profile image61
      Frugal1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I understand that, my mother is the same way with dogs, she said no more, she doesn't want to cry anymore over a lost pet. I recently experienced my first lost, my beloved cat, suddenly had a heart attack in front of me, it was an awful thing to see.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It is like any grieving process and only time will lessen the pain.  After a period of time you may be able to look back and remember the good things rather than the death.

4. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

My beautiful Woof-Woof (a collie) died and I cannot get a new one; nobody or no other dog can be like him. So contrary to getting a new one, I think that I can never have another dog, unless it is a gift of love to me.

working