jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does the cat litter genie work well?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Does the cat litter genie work well?

Anyone have a good or bad experience with it? Does it work well with keeping down odor? What about in multi-cat households? Are the replacement cartridges expensive? Thanks!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Are you talking about that "self cleaning litter box" thingy that's advertised on TV? If so, that thing seems like it's WAY more complicated than it's worth.

Victoria Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm talking about the thing for used litter, kind of like a Diaper Genie. You just drop the stuff in there. I did have the self-cleaning litter box. I thought it was great, except only 1 of my cats would use it. Plus I don't have much room for it

3. carolynkaye profile image97
    carolynkayeposted 5 years ago

I really liked it for the first couple days because it seemed like it would totally trap all odors but by day 3, the area where I kept it started smelling like a sewer. The odors somehow started seeping out so I had to move it into my garage which kind of defeated the purpose of keeping it close to the litter boxes. The bag refill cartridges are about $10. at a pet store. When the bags ran out, I ended up throwing the whole thing out because it was more trouble than it was worth for me. (I have 2 cats btw.)

Victoria Lynnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that's too bad. I have 6 cats, so I doubt it would work, then. I currently put their droppings in a bag with a lid with a top.When that fills, I take it outside. Just looking for a better way.

4. kruney profile image77
    kruneyposted 5 years ago

When I saw it on tv I thought it probably works like a Diaper Genie. FYI... Diaper Genie's don't work very well.

working