jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you have a cat, how often do you change the cat litter?

1. Phil Plasma profile image77
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

If you have a cat, how often do you change the cat litter?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Our cat got too fat so we let it go wander outside, then she returns about four hours later; to eat more food.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I clean out the litter at least once a day- if not more often.

4. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

I don't change cat litter, my mother does. How often I don't know. LOL

5. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

litter once a day atleast...which i don't my sister do..so i think it once a day

6. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I think how often to change the litter depends on how many cats share the box, how much they go, and the type of litter that you use.

I have one very old cat that sleeps most of the day.  The litter box is used maybe once or twice a day an not that much.  I clean the litter box about twice a week on average and the litter isn't that dirty.

When this cat was younger I also had another cat in the house using the same box.  I had to clean it at least once every day and sometimes more.

7. Smart is Good profile image60
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

I just got a new kitten and I change completely the litter box every week, but I scoop it after every use so it stays clean and fresh. You don't need to wash it everyday, but DO scoop it after you cat has pooped or peed. If you don't it'll get grossed out and pee/poop else where.

8. Helena Ricketts profile image97
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

When I had my cat, I scooped her litter box every day and completely emptied it out and washed it once a week.

working