jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Besides the obvious, what else can you use cat litter for?

1. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago

Besides the obvious, what else can you use cat litter for?

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image100
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Hi bankscottage - We use it for 2 things (we don't have cats).  First, we use it when it get's icy.  It's good for no slipping.  Second, we use it to get rid of old paint.  Pour some in a bucket along with the paint and it dries it up so it can go in the trash.

bankscottageposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good points.  I've used it for both.  Cat litter may be the most useful item to have in your house after duct tape.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Hi there!  Where ya been?  Or is it me whose been MIA?   I do have a cat......usually two, but I'm one down at the moment.......If you live where it snows, it's used to pour under your tires, for traction if you're stuck......also, pour it on oil spills in a garage or driveway, to soak it up....then sweep and toss.......And the 50# bag, can be thrown in your trunk for weight, in bad weather too.....not in front-wheel drives though.
    Of course...for these purposes...get the cheapest you can find.
    I buy the good stuff for my kitty's bathroom!

bankscottageposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi fpherj48.  I have been around just not as interactive.  Busy with my regular job.  Great answers.  Living in the north I have used litter as you suggest.  I always buy the cheapest and unscented.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 3 years ago

We use cat litter to absorb oil stains on concrete. Great for garages and driveways! Unscented clay litter is good for absorbing moisture, much like silica gel packets. Put a bit in old nylon stockings and tie a knot, then place them in damp basements and other areas that get musty.

bankscottageposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great answer.  I have used it to get stains off of concrete but have never used it to absorb moisture in damp places.  I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks.

working