jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you feel about the approval of horses being used for food consumption?

1. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

How do you feel about the approval of horses being used for food consumption?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

(Homer Simpson voice) MMmmmmmm.... horse burger.... (gurgle gurgle gurgle)

milleramanda53posted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL.. Unfortunately I couldn't do it cause I was raised on a ranch where I worked with them daily and they were part of what helped the work get done. If I want a burger I will stick with the cow.. smile

3. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Objectively, I don't think it is a whole lot different from eating a pig or a cow or a chicken or a dolphin or a dog, for that matter. We have emotionally different responses to those different animals but in the end it is all just meat.

Should one person's emotional response to a particular animal prevent another person from eating it? That's a tricky proposition since some people are emotionally against eating any animals. While I don't have any interest in eating a horse, I can't find any logical reason not to, and deciding it based on emotion is a bit too close to faith for my taste.

milleramanda53posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I fully agree with you. I am not one to stand in the way of someone and their next meal.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8172051_f260.jpg

milleramanda53,
    I don't like it. I wish I didn't grow up eating meat of any kind. Eating horses is just sick. They're pets.
    Lisa

5. haleyp321 profile image79
    haleyp321posted 4 years ago

As a horse owner I wouldn't be able to do it. I mean that would be like eating my dog, but that's just emotional attachment. I'm sure if I had a pet cow I would feel bad about eating hamburgers, but I don't.

Then, I also understand the need for horse slaughter to control overpopulation. But I definitely do not agree with the treatment that some companies give to the horses or any animals for that matter.

working