How to get rid of stray dogs?

1. jemuelO profile image91
    jemuelOposted 4 years ago

How to get rid of stray dogs?

I really love animals...and I love dogs as well. But I guess, I have a problem with stray dogs now. Aside from the harm that they bring (they can  bite anybody including the children who play outside our house), they also make our place dirty- they defecate near our house. It's really disgusting to see the dirt left by these poor little strangers. Do you have the idea of getting rid of stray dogs? I really need to know the answer, and  I can't wait to see them going away.

2. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

First make sure that they get nothing from your property. No trash, no water, obviously no food.
    Secondly you need to give them good reason to avoid your property. It can be as simple as throwing a rock or using a slingshot or a blast from a hose. This is most effective if they can't see where it comes from. If they see you they will only learn to avoid you and not your property.
    Or by something like an electric fence (note that electric fences are illegal in some places and it should be a properly designed deterrent fence not something home made without proper knowledge.)
    You can also simply call Animal Control if they have service in your area.

1. jemuelO profile image91
      jemuelOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for dropping by Borsia. Yeah, you are right, I think I should give these dogs a good reason to avoid our place.