jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Who is smarter - dog people or cat people?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Who is smarter - dog people or cat people?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I don't think a person's preference in pets makes them more or less intelligent than the next person. I do think people who have cats probably have to be more patient people because cats seem more likely to push boundaries and can be harder to train.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I did not make it up, I heard it this morning. If others answer then I will give he answer/comment which they said.

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm interested to know the answer.

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I also don't think a person's preference has any (real) implications regarding intelligence. I know there has been speculation but I don't think it has much merit.

I do think certain personality traits would be more frequently associated with cat/dog people, though.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Due to not receiving email for a few days, (several people had that), I did not know that anyone else had entered an answer.
    I heard on a radio show that cat people are smarter than dog people. I did not say that - they did. I do not even have any pets.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Now I can tell people I'm smarter than them because I have a cat, but I don't think it will impress many people. LOL!

5. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

Interesting question, Kevin.  When I first read your question, I thought, oh no, Kevin is going to open up a can of worms on this one, then I read a bit further in your commenting that you heard it on the radio.  Wonder how they determined such?  Hey, I am both, so wonderful what that makes me : )

Blessings always

Closed to reply

working