Privileged Dogs

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image92
    aDayInMyLife1posted 22 months ago

Privileged Dogs

It is very easy to get your pet a certification labeling him or her your medical certified pet. Just pay a fee and numerous websites will provide you with a certificate, which enables your pet to accompany you in hospitals or restaurants and even fly free! This was origionally part of the disibility act for people who are deaf or blind. But now anyone can label their pet their emotional support companion and get their pet certified. Do you think this is fair or should be allowed?

2. writerjrose profile image77
    writerjroseposted 22 months ago

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. Yes, pets do provide emotional support and are more than just pets to some people, but to label them as medically certified may be too far fetched.

Anyone could say they need their pet for emotional support, but how many actually NEED it? Where do you draw the line? Guide dogs are used to ensure safety, they are needed by those who use them.

I think people would take advantage of this and places would just be flooded with animals where eventually there would be no point in a certification at all. And can this be for any pet? Or dogs specifically?

working