jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favourite animal today?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 20 months ago

What is your favourite animal today?

My cute animal is the tree kangaroo. What is yours?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13049484_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

I've been in love with panda bears most of my life. I got to see Hsing-Hsing and Ling-Ling when they first arrived at the National Zoo back in 1972 and that just reinforced my adoration. The crates they came over in were on display and looked so small compared to the pandas--and they were still small. I went back a few months later and they'd had a growth spurt. Those original crates wouldn't have held their paws, much less their whole bodies at that point. I went back several times over the years and never lost any of my fascination. Ling-Ling was a bit of a show-off and seemed to enjoy being the center of attention. One day I was just standing around watching her eat her bamboo out of a round tub next to where she was sitting. She would reach over and just munch on the bamboo until it was gone, then reach for another one and do the same thing. She never moved her body, she just reached. The bamboo close to her was gone so she started having to lean a little to get the next stalk. Then she had to lean a little more and a little more. Finally she reached so far she tumbled over into the tub of bamboo. She just got up out of the tub, picked up a piece of bamboo, and went back to her seat to eat it. I definitely love pandas best.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 20 months agoin reply to this

What a beautiful story cissy.. I too have have a soft spot for pandas..there's something about their faces...

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 20 months agoin reply to this

and when they were little you just wanted to pick them up and hug them. Not so much the next year.

3. threekeys profile image80

Still beautiful to me whether young or older...

4. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 20 months agoin reply to this

I just meant the size. They were still beautiful just really really big. Wouldn't have been able to get your arms around them for a hug

5. threekeys profile image80

Yes gotcha!

3. watertiger21 profile image93
    watertiger21posted 17 months ago

I find this question too difficult to answer because I love too many of them!

Favorite Mammals: red panda, marbled polecat, black footed ferret, river otter, bison

Favorite Birds: double crested cormorant, kookaburra, kingfisher

Favorite Reptiles: ALL tortoises and turtles! smile

Favorite Invertebrates: black widow spider, cicadas, Florida ivory millipede, isopods

4. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

I should have said at this point in time watertiger. I also love lots and lots of animals. Yours are curiouly wonderful!

working