jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Does cat climb or descend?

1. profile image60
    Diana Scottposted 20 months ago

Does cat climb or descend?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13074003_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 20 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13074031_f260.jpg

Are you an Escher fan? Is that why your kitty is confused?

I think kitty is going down the stairs because of the decoration on the risers. There doesn't appear to be any wear on them.

3. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 20 months ago

Cat is descending based upon the tread or step lip past the riser.

4. WordCrafter09 profile image78
    WordCrafter09posted 20 months ago

Based more on what I've seen in cats (rather than only on the picture - and maybe people aren't supposed to base guesses/takes on more than just picture); but I think the cat is going upstairs.

Cats I've seen tend to bolt upstairs, but often do a little walking on each stair before hopping down to the next one.  If they don't do too much of that they often do a kind of "modified that" (involving a smaller area of the stair) .  They can be super adept and fast.  I'm just not sure they walk straight down the way they most often go straight upstairs.  hmm

(Do cats even ever walk down the middle of a case?  Maybe, but I'm not sure I've seen that.   (BUT, is it even an actual staircase.  Couldn't resist throwing in that possibility because the cat looks like it's "regular walking" to me.  )

Of course, I pretty much assume I'm wrong as is often the case with these "image things".

1. PhoenixV profile image76
      PhoenixVposted 20 months agoin reply to this

The cats gate does look like ascension.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 20 months agoin reply to this

I think I like your idea that the kitty is walking in a straight line. That would make sense after the last puzzle.

3. WordCrafter09 profile image78
      WordCrafter09posted 20 months agoin reply to this

It later occurred to me that cats I've seen go downstairs tend to cats I know and that mill around my feet - or else that skip a couple of stairs; so maybe SOME do descend less "erratically".  Maybe I'll look that up some time - or not....    smile

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 20 months ago

It looks like kitty is going down.  Similar to how my cat goes down the steps like he is walking.  When my cat goes up she bolts.  Plus can see the risers which I wouldn't be visible from the top

1. PhoenixV profile image76
      PhoenixVposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Exactly. Stairs usually look that way when you look upstairs Looking downstairs they are just steps.

working