How Long and Often Do You Run Your Puppy or Dog?

1. KevinTimothy profile image83
    KevinTimothyposted 21 months ago

How Long and Often Do You Run Your Puppy or Dog?

Feel free to add details about your method of exercise. Thanks.

2. profile image0
    Eartha Bposted 21 months ago

It is my belief that a tired dog is a good dog! I exercise my small dog quite a bit. He is almost two years old and in excellent health. I taught him to play fetch when he was a pup which we play three times a day: once in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening. We play until he is tired and stops running after the ball. He also gets a walk once a day. Consider teaching your dog to play fetch. There should be a youtube tutorial on that.

One thing I learned in puppy class is that you should never take your puppy on extended walks before your pup is at least a year old, because their bones are still growing. If they go on very long walks at a young age, it can negatively impact their hip bone development, because of the repetitive movement involved in walking on a leash.Take your pup for shorter walks only, no more than ten minutes at a time.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

Daily is a minimum, taking them out long enough to be tired is important. More than once a day will reduce their cabin fever.

working