Once injury is healed how long do personal injury cases take to settle?

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Once injury is healed how long do personal injury cases take to settle?

This is my first time having a lawyer. I am racking up tons of hospital and doctor bills due to my recent car accident. How long once someone heals do insurance companies typically settle? I'm trying to figure out how long it will bee before I can pay these bills in full? My next meeting with the attorney isn't for 2 more weeks.

2. djashburnal profile image81
    djashburnalposted 4 years ago

It can potentially take years. My older brother was involved in a wreck with his 18-wheeler. Another trucker stalled out in the middle of the interstate, under icy conditions, at night, just on the other side of a hill, and failed to put reflectors or flares to warn traffic. You can see where this is going. My brother come over the top of the hill, saw the semi and tried to stop but 40 tons doesn't stop easy, he plowed into the back of the other semi forcing the nose and main part of the cab into the sleeper, with him trapped inside. He shattered his arm, femur, ribs, hand, is blind in one eye due to glass, displayed symptoms of PTSD.

That was in 2011, he's still waiting for his day in court or a settlement.

3. profile image53
    accidentclaimsukposted 4 years ago

Depends really - the main thing is you should be able to claim all these costs back - sometimes your personal injury solicitor can offer you an advance on compensation so this could help if you are struggling. If you need any advice you can always get in touch with me www.accidentclaims.co.uk - always looking to offer free advice.

working