jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Our 18 yr old cat had to be put to sleep at the weekend thru illness and now our

1. profile image58
    Louise Mockridgeposted 15 months ago

Our 18 yr old cat had to be put to sleep at the weekend thru illness and now our 2 yr old JR is sad

We have recently lost our puss cat 18 years old. My jack Russell is now very quiet and sad. Please can you give me some advice thank you

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 15 months ago

Awwww......how sad. This makes me feel so badly for you and for your Jack Russell that was close to his feline sister.  18 years is a pretty long time for your kitty to live!
    I know I would get to a shelter or a rescue as soon as possible to see the cats that are available for adoption.  In fact, if you're not sure how your pooch would react to a new member of your fa,ily, take him with you to the shelter and let him actually SEE the cats & kittens.  If he seems happy and excited, as the animals caretakers if you can allow the cat & dog to interact a little.  If they take to one another, you have solved your doggy's sadness!
    If not, than It will be just a matter of grieving time and he'll be OK.

1. PhoenixV profile image68
      PhoenixVposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Excellent answer. I want to add that I am so sorry that your owner ( the cat ) passed on. 18 years is incredible. You must have taken care of each other very well.

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 15 months agoin reply to this

"your owner"  LOL......any cat lover knows that's the truth!!

working