jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What can I do??!!

1. profile image59
    Nikkiandnickposted 10 months ago

What can I do??!!

I have a 4 month old puppy. He has been wormed but not vaccinated. I don't have the money to take him to the vet. He has been throwing up for the past couple of days and it smells really bad. He gets up and walks around and drinks water. I have give him Pepto Gatorade and Pedialyte. What else can I do to help him?

2. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 10 months ago

If you dont have money to take care of a pet then you you have no right to have the pet.

The pet is ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on you for its LIFE. You borrow or beg for the money. Better still ring the vet and explain and ask for a account to be paid, listing when you can make the part payments. And then? Find a home with a family who has the resources to care for the pup. Im afraid love isnt enough when you take on pet ownership.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 10 months ago

Nicki.....First of all, I agree 100% with three-keys and suggest you follow his advice.  In the meantime, contact the A.S.P.C.A. in your area.  They can advise you as to where and when there are community-sponsored free clinics for dogs and cats to received FREE basic health care.  In order to get this puppy some immediate help, this is an option.  After which, it is best to either find a good home for this little fur-baby or surrender him to a shelter.  There's more to pet care than simply bringing them home.

4. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 10 months ago

The others have provided meaningful answers.  I would only add that, if you fed me Pepto Bismal, Gatrorade, and Pedialyte, I would probably throw up too!

1. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 10 months agoin reply to this

LOL!  Perspy...you crack me up! smile

5. Tastefullywild profile image89
    Tastefullywildposted 10 months ago

It's been my experience that no Vet wants your dog to be sick. Call your Vet and tell them your situation. More than likely they will see your puppy and either not charge you or let you work something out with the bill.